Township of Illinois Scholarship Application is Open
It's that time again; the TOI Scholarship Application is open! Scholarship Winners will receive $2,000, which will be applied directly to their tuition. Each year since 1989, the Scholarship Fund has awarded scholarships to graduating high school seniors to continue their education at Illinois colleges/universities. A total of $375,500 has been awarded to 222 students!
Please share this email and the application (linked below) with the high schools in your area and any graduating seniors you know.
New this year: TOI accepts physical applications mailed to the TOI Office and applications submitted online at the 2024 Scholarship Application Page.
2024 Scholarship Application
To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Must be a graduating Illinois high school senior.
• Must be applying to attend a university/college located in Illinois. Awards may not be deferred. If you need to change schools after being awarded a scholarship, please get in touch with the TOI office as soon as possible.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of Illinois.
• Must plan to attend a university/college in Illinois as a full-time student.
• Must have a history of extracurricular activities that demonstrates a willingness to accept leadership responsibilities (student government, club officer, etc.) or a commitment to civic responsibility, social consciousness, and a willingness to serve the community (community service projects, volunteer activities with local service agencies or charitable institutions, etc.)
• Must submit a 500-word essay on The Role of Township Government in Today’s Society and the Future that will include information gained from an interview with an elected township official.
• Must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, local officials, or business people.
• Must submit an official high school transcript.
• Must submit a cover letter and completed application form.
• Must be mailed no later than March 1, 2024. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.